How to Position Yourself for a Board Seat
Serving on a board can be an enormously fulfilling experience and a feather in the cap of any executive. Getting a board seat, however, takes...
Serving on a board can be an enormously fulfilling experience and a feather in the cap of any executive. Getting a board seat, however, takes time, preparation and intentional actions. How do you as a rising executive secure a board seat? Where do you start, and how do you find the board opportunity that’s right for you?
This webinar – a collaboration between WittKieffer and the National Association of Latino Healthcare Executives (NALHE) – provides a robust overview of why it can be valuable for executives to serve on boards, and the necessary steps to get there.
Speakers for the program include:
- Nancy Alonso, Vice President Human Resources, CuraLinc Healthcare
- Eduardo Arabu, Executive Director, National Hispanic Corporate Council
- Jim King, Senior Partner and Leader, Board Services, WittKieffer
- Donna Padilla, Managing Partner, Healthcare, WittKieffer (Moderator)
The speakers cover topics including:
- What kinds of governing boards are there?
- What are today’s boards looking for in terms of competencies?
- How do board select new members?
- What steps must an executive take to land their first board assignment?
- What are cautions about board service?
You may also wish to read: Are You Board Material: 8 Steps to Take.
Board service is a tremendous experience for any leader. Above all, as an executive you must have a passion for learning about governance and go through the strategic steps to prepare yourself for a board seat.
Watch the on-demand video, or download and listen to the podcast below:
Follow our podcast on: